Friends. They complete you. They stand by you in times of need. Its true, cause you know a friendship is solid when it brings out the best in you. When i make friends, i give it my all - loyalty, love, care, support. I'll make dates with you, text you funny stuff or just to talk, strike a conversation when i see you, all that stuff. I'd be lying if i say i don't expect the same in return. PLEASE do not give me the bullshit bout unconditional love, sorry to break it to you but that only exists between a mother and her child. Anything other than that COMES WITH CONDITIONS. Maintaining a friendship requires ALOT OF EFFORT. Its not something that can be brushed aside if you found yourself a new friend of sorts, have a boyfriend/girlfriend, and come crawling back when you've been stung. Although friends SHOULD be there for you at all times no matter what, that privilege is not one to be taken granted for.
I dont choose my friends by anything but my gut feeling. If we click and have that special friend bond, we're friends then. I have no stringent rules in filtering friends, although there can be friends of different sorts.
And recently ive found myself constantly being surrounded by friends of all sorts. Maybe its just the year 2 bug gettin' to everyone and causing them to act differently, (i mean i know i have been talking less in sch now), but i find them pushing my limits whenever i'm around them.
1. The rude.
You are rude, and selfish. There, i said it. There's no other way gettin to it. Some people just put themselves first (i know i do that sometimes), and some people just dont know how package their words. But you are not one of those people, you are just plain selfish and rude. Cause you dont give a flying fuck bout how other people might feel towards your actions, and you blatantly disrespect them with such audacity. The only reason i don't say much is cause you're not worth all the drama. But despite all the indifferences, i still try to talk to you. But you certainly dont show any form of effort whatsoever in trying to actually have a proper conversation with me.I initiate to talk, share with you what has happened, practically racking my brains inside out trying to break the ice but there you are, determined to shut your trap and ignore me. I feel like a charity case having to try so hard to TALK to you.
2. The changed.
People change, and i find myself taking it hard and not being able to come on terms with these changes. I really honestly don't know what is going on. I try to talk in school, tell you stuff,feeling stressed when i've run out of interesting things to say (sorry but my pathetic social life limits it), but all i get is pacifying replies. I really don't know what else to dish out. But to be fair it isn't all the time, its just most of it. I even asked you if anything was wrong. You said nothing was. But if nothing was then why are things so...cold? You no longer ask me if anything is wrong, no longer tell me stuff, no longer INCLUDE me. I get this bored vibe whenever i'm trying to talk to you, but whenever someone else comes running along, you have that sunny disposition switched on immediately. I feel hurt by your actions, but i really don't know what else to do to improve this situation. Friendship is a 2-way thing. Or maybe i'm just thinking too much. Maybe this isn't a problem to you. Maybe you just feel that we are not close friends to begin with. Or maybe (ok this is not really a maybe), you are too busy. I hope that this is only a passing phase and that it'll get better. I really hope so. This friendship means too much to to just give you up as a friend. But then again, what stings most is when you realize that you don't mean as much to the other party as compared to what they mean to you.
3. The overly-competitive.
These are those kind of people who seemingly are happy for your successes but can't wait to tear you down or have it to themselves behind your back. They feel bitter when other people have it better than them. Like, seriously dude, leave it ALONE. STOP beating yourself up over it. They have it better, so what??? Is it gonna kill you??? Stop getting your feathers riled up over such a puny matter will you??? Good. Now start growing some confidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment