Sunday, April 13, 2014

THENNS



I don't usually have songs stuck in my head. Okay that is a lie, but they don't usually last for days and remain insatiable despite being put on loop for the entire week. I wake up with this song in my head and find myself humming its tune incessantly throughout the day. My obsession with this song is getting a little out of hand.

Perhaps it's the excitement of discovering another awesome indie rock band. Or the appeal of tattooed boys. Or all of the above wrapped up in that voice. It's mostly his voice. Which is why I couldn't decide between both versions.

Please listen to either one of the videos before you scoff at the song title because it reminds you of the barrage of Youtube videos about girls obsessed with pumpkin spice lattes.

And since we are on the topic of obsession, I am filled with guilt every time I walk pass my bookshelf and see my incomplete A Song of Ice and Fire collection. And my 3/4 read A Clash of Kings. The new season of Game of Thrones has just started and I still haven't caught up on my readings. Yikes. All I want is for my show watching to be in tandem with my book reading...aaaand I have never been cooler. I initially wanted to hold out until finals are over before watching GoT but I couldn't resist and gave in to the first episode. I know that the panties are mostly dropping for popular characters like Jon Snow/Robb Stark/Daario Naharis(eh...still feeling kinda meh about the new one) and whichever good looking character there is but god damn Styr, Magnar of Thenn.


Shaved head, bleached eyebrows, scarred face and cannibalism. IS THERE ANYTHING MANLIER.

(or hotter)
(!!!)

Please don't kill him off too soon.

Onto random questions! Caught an old Friends episode where Rachel gives birth to Emma and it reminded me of the same question that pops into my mind whenever I watch child birthing scenes.

WHERE DO THEY GET THE BABIES FROM.

I'd like to think that those are older babies and not newborns but some are just too...fresh looking (aka red and wrinkly) to be an older baby. Is there actually a list of newborns on standby to cast in these scenes? Or is that just an extremely lifelike doll? And what do they use to cover the babies (assuming they are humans and not dolls) when they present them in blood and placenta? 

The whole idea of casting newborns as newborns and parents who willingly sign up their newborns for an acting job is just...very creepy.

Also, newborns could easily be the name for some underground hipster brand for shoes. Sounds cooler than New Balance anyway. Newborns Air. Newborns Zero. Newborn X. Very befitting, yes?

Okay, I shall end this post lest I say anything more random. Or weird. I am literally on the verge of an emotional implosion from studying for finals. /bangs head on table

No comments:

Post a Comment