Sunday, May 10, 2015

I DON'T WIKE IT


So...guess who scored herself a Tokyo Banana a few weeks back? I was back at work on a dreadful Saturday but it all got better when Azuki-san (obviously his real name isn't red beans, but it's not far off from his real name either, lolol) came over and gave me that. Side note, you can now measure the hugeness of my forehead in terms of Tokyo Bananas. I'd say 1.25 Tokyo Bananas wide is about right.
 
Apart from fun colleagues and childish jokes which have made the ridiculous workload slightly bearable, there has also been a spike in the amount of accidental inappropriate jokes made. Or just childish jokes in general because that's what a group of 20-something year olds are reduced to when we get together. We were talking about really buff gym guys wearing barely there tank tops with over-sized armholes when the following conversation ensued:

Me: Sometimes I just want to stick my finger in and ask them "Why so big?".
Colleague: *eyes widen* WHAT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Me: *realises what my sentence can be misconstrued as* OH NO. OH NO NO NO NO I was talking about the hole!
Colleague: *almost dying from laughter* the hOLE??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For the record I was purely referring to the unnecessary largeness of their armholes and nothing else.

So yes, accidental inappropriate jokes and being neck deep in work is what I have been up to. Well that, along with meeting up with some of my favourite people to hang out with because what else is going to keep me sane?

Time has just been flying by like nobody's business lately and it's making me freak out just a little to say the least. I have barely enough sleep time during the weekdays as it is, and yet these are the thoughts that consume me whenever I let my mind wander off too far. Have I been doing enough to reach my goals? At what point does the feeling of adulthood finally settle in? The almost-quarter life crisis gets real sometimes. But a ruffled mind leads to a restless pillow in the night, so I try not to let it go too far off the edge. Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it. Maybe being an adult after all, is just doing what needs to be done while muttering "I don't wike it" under your breath a lot.

Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment