Thursday, February 17, 2011


Not long ago, there was a couple standing in front of the shop's fan enjoying free wind. Wouldn't blame them cause the weather's really harsh recently.


And then.....the man came in. His first question was "Outside the radio is 98.7fm ah?"


Sounds like a pretty harmless question right? So I replied "Yah."


WRONG MOVE.


His reply was akin to a music lecture about what music is appropriate at a shop that sells holy stuff. I mean, yeah I get it, you'd expect some peaceful music or whatever. BUT, it's not wrong to play the radio either...is it? Radio = Mass Media = Probably the most influential and important means of communication during WW1 and WW2. Yeah, lets see you walk out of that bomb shelter without hearing the "YOU ARE SAFE TO COME OUT NOW. WON'T DIE ONE." command during wartime. Okay, maybe the command wasn't this but you get my drift. Nothing wrong with radio.


He told me how the radio playing "rock music" is a disruption to the holiness around the shop and it influences the pov when people look at the statues of different buddhas.


So what? If there's an aerosmith song playing on the radio, when you look at the statue, you will think that the buddha is a rock star is it????? SIAO LEH.


He proceeded to tell me that he has been visiting here for almost 11 years and blah blah (I tuned out here cause I really cannot be bothered to deal with this kinda people).


11 years so? 111 years so??? IT'S JUST MUSIC LEH BROTHER. If your faith's that strong, I can play some devil music for all I care and you'd still be faithful to what you believe in right? But obviously I am not gonna play devil music lah! That's disrespectful. I'm just playing the radio babe, CHILL. No one's gonna think that here's a pimp house or drug dealing HQ ok??


This is precisely why people turn into atheists.
The very stringent and contradicting rules of fervent advocates and their behaviour, it dispels any morsel of remaining faith one has.
And I was thinking bout the dress code incident. Turns out some...uhm holy people find my dressing a tad revealing for their liking. Wha this I must really make myself clear ok.

*oooh alexa!!!* OK NO. ^ LIKE THIS REVEALING AH.

I'd most probably be decked out in some tank top with a cardigan most of the time. REVEAL WHAT YOU TELL ME. I can't control my boobs so maybe if you look at my chest long enough you might actually spot cleavage. Which brings the question of......WERE YOU STARING AT MY CHEST??? If not how you know?

*ooooOOOOOHhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhOOOOoohhH*

*flicks hair and roll eyes*

Really leh. If your loyalty and adherence to your faith is really as strong as what you project it to be, heck, even if bikini-clad girls were to gyrate in front of you, you wouldn't waver right? So free to complain, might as well take a trip to orchard and throw a blanket over every teenage girl you see. Cause most probably they're decked out in shorts (LEGS! OH THE HORROR!) or short dresses or a piece cloth you deem as indecent for your eyes.

Really is. Eat full already nothing to do want to di siao siao leh.

No comments:

Post a Comment